Yes, it’s “Words of Wisdom Wednesday” where I literally take a proverb, phrase or quote from the book entitled 8,789 Words of Wisdom by Barbara Ann Kipfer, Workman Publishing Company, Inc. that resonates with me at the moment and explain the why, what, when or how of it.
Today’s phrase is: Dream for a living! (page 554)
- “This isn’t a very practical phrase, I don’t have the time for this pie in the sky shit Rob!”
- “I had a dream and didn’t realize it, so I have decided it’s not worth it; you are just setting yourself up for disappointment when you dream.”
- “I had a dream, reached it and discovered it didn’t bring what I thought it would, I felt empty.”
- “I have never had a dream and I am too old to start now, besides I’m doing just fine, thank you.”
- “I am too freaking busy making a living, paying the bills and having enough energy at the end of the day to push the buttons on the remote.“
- “Wow, time for a reality check dude, I figure you for a Sex In the City fan, you are indeed in touch with your feminine side, aren’t ya big fella?”
Dreaming takes courage, is difficult and comes with no guarantees for success. How wonderful is that?
Let me offer this quote:
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.“
Address to civil rights marchers by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in Washington, D.C. on Aug. 28, 1963
We become what we think about!